Diagnostic: Event <n>: Context switch without scheduler

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Diagnostic: Event <n>: Context switch without scheduler

How is Scheduler activity inferred by SystemView?

I'm in the process of instrumenting RTX v5 for SystemView. The RTX source has a fairly extensive set of event recording hooks which mean it should be possible to bring up SystemView without actually modifying the RTOS source. I'm able to see interrupts and task activity correctly, but also see diagnostic entries about "Context switch without scheduler".

RTX does everything in an interrupt context. It uses SVC to enter the kernel and PendSV (at the lowest priority of the system) to perform context switches.

I have a single function that's called at the exit of every interrupt handler. This function calls SEGGER_SYSVIEW_RecordExit(). In general, I won't know if the scheduler will be invoked on each ISR exit because that depends on the active ISR's priority. I.e., in the case of nested interrupts, only the last one will actually return to the scheduler.

Is there a way to explicitly declare that the scheduler is running?
  • Hello,

We received your inquiry per e-mail as well.
    To keep all information in one place this thread will be closed now and further correspondence will be handled via e-mail.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.