[SOLVED] J-link Virtual Com port doesn't work

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-link Virtual Com port doesn't work

Hi,

I recently started working with the Jlink Edu. I need the Vcom port but it doensn't seem to work.
    I have read the manual and another post regarding the isssue but it doensn't seem to do anything.
    I can initialize the port using the conigurater or the commander. I also see the port in my devices under windows.
    But when i connect pin 5 to 17 and send some data nothing seems to happen.

When i use HTerm to connect i take a baut rate of 38400 but i also tried other speeds.
    There are no problems connecting to the device, but i dont see the data i send comming back.

I will put some screenshots to clarify.

Thanks in advance
    greets,
    Bjorn
    Images
    • port.PNG

11.45 kB, 303×66, viewed 564 times
    • command screen.PNG

36.53 kB, 957×722, viewed 1,196 times
    • hterm.PNG

111.77 kB, 1,111×729, viewed 798 times
    • Connection.jpg

59.95 kB, 540×960, viewed 995 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    To be able to use J-Link's VCOM port J-Link needs to know the voltage level of the high and low levels it can use.
    For this VTref and GND must be connected.
    More information can be found here: wiki.segger.com/Using_J-Link_V…M_functionality_and_speed
    Attached is the output of a successful test.
    The test can easily be replicated using our measurement adapter: segger.com/products/debug-prob…easurement-patch-adapter/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Images
    • Capture.PNG

30.98 kB, 900×600, viewed 726 times
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Bjorn,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    We will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.