[SOLVED] Alt+character shortcuts on MacOS also insert the character

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Alt+character shortcuts on MacOS also insert the character

I've been trying to learn some of the shortcuts in SES and couldn't work out why I kept getting compile errors afterwards until I noticed that typing (for instance) Alt-g as well as performing the action of 'going to the reference' also inserts a 'g' into the source code just before it jumps to the reference. The same seems to occur with all the Alt+<letter> combinations I've tried, they all perform the action, but insert the <letter> into the source as well. So currently I'm back to using the right click select from menu which is a bit slower.

This is the latest MacOS, US keyboard layout, I don't believe I have anything unusual in settings for the keyboard, just had a quick look but saw nothing special and Alt works normally in the other apps I've used it in.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We were able to reproduce this issue with macOS and US keyboard layout.
    This issue will be investigated further and is planned to be fixed with the next Embedded Studio release version.
    Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

As a workaround you can either change the keyboard layout to one that does not show this behaviour e.g. German keyboard layout or edit the keyboard.xml in the Embedded Studio install folder under /bin.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Nino wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We were able to reproduce this issue with macOS and US keyboard layout.
    This issue will be investigated further and is planned to be fixed with the next Embedded Studio release version.
    Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

As a workaround you can either change the keyboard layout to one that does not show this behaviour e.g. German keyboard layout or edit the keyboard.xml in the Embedded Studio install folder under /bin.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Sorry for the slow reply, I don't seem to have notifications set up on this thread. No problem - happy you were able to reproduce, I'll just wait for the fix, it's a minor annoyance that's all. Thanks as usual for the support