Using the same JLink simultaneously by couple of Sw clients

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Using the same JLink simultaneously by couple of Sw clients

Is this possible?

Yesterday I observed that, I can , using Segger GDBServer , connect & start debugging on one core , while, it seems ( as I'm not convinced ..) , I could also _same_ time, fire up JLinkExe and connect using same JLink to the other core, and do things like Halt & Go that other core, while still being able to debug through the GDBServer connected to the main core .(=one I'm busy with).

This seems what I would expect & is awesome, but . .

When I tried do this with Ozone (because it interacts faster with target .. .. ), I cannot do the same : I cannot , after starting Ozone's session, fire up JLink commander to the other core. And vice versa (if JLinkExe connected, cannot connect with Ozone).

So where is the wrong behavior ? Ozone locking access to JLink or I did something causing spurious behavior with GDBServer/JlinkExe in the first case ?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Generally J-Link/J-Trace debug probes support multi-core debugging in the fashion you described.
    However there are certain limitations/pitfalls to multi-core debugging. You can find more information in the J-Link user manual in section 6.6.
    Additionally it highly depends on the target hardware, how the cores are connected, how memory is shared etc. on how "well" it will work in a real world setup.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Yes, Ozone should support multi-core debugging.
    Do you get any warnings when you try?
    Are two Ozone sessions in parallel to separate cores working?
    We will create an example setup in our Wiki to showcase this feature.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.