[SOLVED] J-Link Ultra Firmware broken (March 2nd, 2018)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link Ultra Firmware broken (March 2nd, 2018)

Hi

the FW is broken for Cortex-R5. Download works, run works, but continue after breaking gives an error and debug session must be terminated.
    FW as of Januar, 11th 2018 works.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    With J-Link software V6.30g there were some fixes in regards to the TMS570.
    Does updating the J-Link software and J-Link Ultra FW to the latest version solve the issue?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Ok, I checked again and noticed, that even I have 6.30i installed Code Composer Studio uses 6.30f !?

I will try 6.30i which I have installed and update the FW with the commander.

Ok, yes. With the FW installed from 6.30i there are no more problems (at least with IAR C-Spy, but this is another topic).

Thanks for the hint.
  • Hello,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    Ok, I checked again and noticed, that even I have 6.30i installed Code Composer Studio uses 6.30f !?

Usually the J-Link software installer will ask you at the end if you want to update the DLL version in software on your PC that is using the J-Link DLL.
    Under certains circumstances this will not be successful for some 3rd party software. In that case simply navigate to the CCS install folder and replace the J-Link DLL from that folder with the one from the latest J-Link software manually.

We will consider this case as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.