[SOLVED] JLinkDevices.xml: Add multiple configurations for the same chip

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLinkDevices.xml: Add multiple configurations for the same chip

I have two devices using the NXP MKL82Z128xxx7 with different clock settings and QSPI chips. Therefore I need to use different flashloader files for debugging and flashing. Is it possible to add multiple configurations to the JLinkDevices.xml?

This is what I already tried:

<Device>
    <ChipInfo Vendor="NXP" Name="MKL82Z128xxx7" WorkRAMAddr="0x1FFFA000" WorkRAMSize="0x18000" Core="JLINK_CORE_CORTEX_M0" />
    <FlashBankInfo Name="QSPI" BaseAddr="0x68000000" MaxSize="0x02000000" Loader="TWRKL82Z72M.elf" LoaderType="FLASH_ALGO_TYPE_OPEN" />
    </Device>
    <Device>
    <ChipInfo Vendor="NXP" Name="MKL82Z128xxx7-Custom" WorkRAMAddr="0x1FFFA000" WorkRAMSize="0x18000" Core="JLINK_CORE_CORTEX_M0" />
    <FlashBankInfo Name="QSPI" BaseAddr="0x68000000" MaxSize="0x02000000" Loader="TWRKL82Z72M-Custom.elf" LoaderType="FLASH_ALGO_TYPE_OPEN" />
    </Device>

When I select "MKL82Z128xxx7" in J-Flash it knows about the internal flash and the QSPI (Size: 128 KB + 16 MB). When selecting "MKL82Z128xxx7-Custom" the itnernal flash is not recognized (Size: 16MB), even if I use the same ELF file.

Apparently I shouldn't change the name attribute for the second device. Is there another way to have two configurations?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Currently there is no way to store two different configurations for the same device.
    By naming the device "MKL82Z128xxx7-Custom" you essentially created a completely new device which only has the provided information from the .xml.
    Any other memory (e.g. internal Flash) is not known for this configuration.

We are currently working on a solution to store multiple configurations for such cases as yours and it is expected to be released by the end of Q1 2018.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.