[SOLVED] how to add symbols file to Ozone when loaded bin

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello,

For clarification, what exactly is your setup/are you trying to achieve?
    Are you downloading an extra binary during the debug session or is the binary file your application you want to debug?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I'm trying to load a *.bin file built with external system, it is the one to be debugged, to be loaded at address specified by me.

I want to use symbols file to be loaded separately. (this is to do with how it was built).

For example, this setup is possible with DS-5 studio: you can load bin, specify symbols file from an elf later, and then also trigger re-load symbols at offset, they have console for this
    Which is all handy for a self-relocating code
  • Hello,

This is also possible in Ozone.
    It is described in detail in the Ozone user manual in chapters 6 and 7.7/7.8.
    There you will find all options and combinations of downloading files and loading the according elf files and other options as well.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• SEGGER - Nino wrote:

Hello,

This is also possible in Ozone.
    It is described in detail in the Ozone user manual in chapters 6 and 7.7/7.8.
    There you will find all options and combinations of downloading files and loading the according elf files and other options as well.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Chapter 6 is Scripting interface, and 7 is Appendix , 7.7 Action Tables, 7.8 User Actions.

Which one deals specifically with loading first a bin image followed by symbols? Do you have example?

Chapter 5, sec 5.3.1 - 5.3.2 seems to suggest that this setup is not possible to do with Ozone.
    When I specify a bin file to Ozone, it doesn't even ask me for load address for some reason (unlike ES).

Please provide example then for how to setup this up - first load bin, then specify symbol file with elf. And how to re-trigger symbol reload at different offset.
  • Hi,

Please provide example then for how to setup this up - first load bin, then specify symbol file with elf. And how to re-trigger symbol reload at different offset.

All this information is available in the current Ozone manual. Please familiarize yourself with the documentation of our products before opening numerous threads.
    Currently about 20 % off all threads in the last couple of weeks were started by you. Our average customer has has one question. So we are quite confident that you will find all information you are looking for in the documentation provided.
    Should you of course find mistakes or missing information feel free to contact us.

Now back to topic.
    The Action Tables show you all available commands for Ozone.
    The User Actions show all commands explained with prototypes.
    Chapter 6 shows you where and how you can use all these commands in the Ozone project file.

To load the elf file you can use File.Open.
    To download the bin you can use Target.LoadMemory.
    To relocate the symbols use Project.RelocateSymbols.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hi,
    Thanks for replying
    Please familiarize yourself with the documentation of our products before opening numerous threads.
    This is my first Ozone related thread. Which other "numerous" ozone related thread you refer to?

Now back to topic.
    Yes please stick to the topic rather, than complaining about me asking questions?

Thank you for the useful part of that reply which I will try asap, no information passed will be wasted.

The post was edited 1 time, last by v01d ().