[ABANDONED] J-Link Edu Mini and nRF52832

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Link Edu Mini and nRF52832

Hello,

I'm new to all this 'arm' stuff so for starters i got a jlink edu mini and nrf52382 breakout board. When i try to connect to it via jtag or swd it gives me a voltage error. So sould i connect the mcu(nrf52832) to a power source before connecting the j link ?Or like is my board is broken ?
  • Hi,

Welcome to the ARM stuff :)

nrf52382 breakout board

Could you post me a link to the board?
    What debug header is mounted on the board? (Cortex-M 19 pin? Cortex-M 9 pin?).
    Or are you using single wires?

To MCU needs to be powered, otherwise J-Link (or any other debug probe for that matter) will not be able to connect.
    If you have voltage meter at hand, I would recommend to measure the pins of the debug interface in order to make sure that the MCU is powered and that the debug interface is not disconnected by a jumper or there like.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
    Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
    Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
    Notification for Embedded Studio: Link