Serious Bug about Ozone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Serious Bug about Ozone

A very Serious Bug about Ozone 2.22 and Ozone 2.44 was encountered by me recently .
    When I tried to load a large elf file, Ozone 2.xx will be automatically closed every time. The file is as large as 100MB , more or less.
    This question occurs on Windows 7 64bit and Ubuntu 16.04 64bit , the Ozone Verisons are 2.xx 64bit for windows and 2.xx 64bit for Linux respectively .
    I found Ozone 2.44 64bit for windows can work normally on Windows 10 64bit, but it takes a long time to load the large elf file .
    I need help as I hate win10.
    Thank you! :(
  • Hello Simon,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    I just tried to reproduce the issue with some large test .elf files we have available e.g. 200 MB in size and had no problems loading that file.
    I am running Windows 7 64-bit and tried ozone 2.44 and the latest 2.44a.
    Both work for me.

Loading large .elf files can require quite some hardware power from the PC.
    How does the Win 10 machine compare to the Win 7 and Linux machine?
    Are they similarly set up hardware wise or is there a big performance gap?

Could you provide us with a example .elf file with which you run into this issue so we can try to reproduce it with your file?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I made more tests today , and I think I get the reason why Ozone crashes when loading large elf files: Ozone needs huge memory for loading large files.
    When high performance computers are used, Ozone works well.
    So, it's not a bug.
    Thank you! :) :)
  • Hello Simon,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    I will consider this thread as solved then.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.