[SOLVED]JLinkGDBServer - Cortex-M3/lpc1768 Checksum.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]JLinkGDBServer - Cortex-M3/lpc1768 Checksum.

When i program other lpc models (21xx/24xx) with the gdb server it automatically adds the vector checksum during the upload, this however doesn't seem to work on lpc1768 parts. Whats going on with this? Tested with the latest beta pack at this moment (4.10d)
  • Hi M3Guy,

as far as I can see, the algorithm adds the checksum to the target application.
    why do you think it does not add it?

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I used the memory window in my debugger (insight) to validate that it still contained zero's,downloading the complete flash with jflash confirmed. uploading with jflash seems fine though it notices the missing checksum and aks if it should fix it, its just the gdb server thats acting up.
  • It gets more interesting, it seems like flash download does not work at all from gdb server, when you wipe the chip using jflash, then use gdb to upload it it'll tell you it uploaded fine and that it verificated , when you look at the memory window in the debugger it looks fine but no actual executable code is in the processor. When you use jflash to download the chip contents its all 0xff's. again uploading with jflash works fine. I attached the most minimal example that i could come up with. (rename jpg back to .zip, honestly whats the point of having attachments if people can't even attach a zip?!)
    Files
    • sample.jpg

(11.41 kB, downloaded 1,034 times, last: )
  • Hello M3Guy,

we'll take a look at this soon, probably tomorrow.
    Thanks for the zip file in disguise. You are right, it probably does make sense to allow
    zip files.Will be changed, more soon.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello M3Guy,

We have analyzed this and we have found 2 problems.

The first one was a problem in the GDB Server which causes the flash download to be skipped.
    This will be fixed in a new beta version (V4.11a) of the software which will be available for download later today.

The second one is in the GDB init file. The "monitor reset 0" should be done before the "load" command.
    Furthermore you should include "monitor endian little" to set the GDB server to little endian.

Attached is the corrected GDB init file.

Best regards,
    Tobias
    Files
    • init_17xx.zip

(632 Byte, downloaded 1,032 times, last: )