MAC57D5, J-Link, S32 DS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi Niklas,
    you must be right since it says that J-Link script file is not loaded, but the thing is that if I remove the JLink script file from the folder as the instructions had dictated, the process halts and says couldn't connect to the target. I don't get how could the console show that the script file was not loaded.
    I am adding the screenshot of the error,
    Regards
    Asad
    Images
    • error.jpg

369.29 kB, 1,600×1,160, viewed 346 times
  • Hi Asad,

O.K., lets assume this is an error on the logging side for now (btw: how did you add the jlinkscript file in eclipse/s32?)

Regarding the main issue:
    [...]
    Downloading 28 bytes @ address 0x18F9C000 - Verify failed
    Downloading 1024 bytes @ address 0x19000000 - Verify failed
    Downloading 4096 bytes @ address 0x19000400 - Verify failed
    Downloading 4096 bytes @ address 0x19001400 - Verify failed
    Downloading 4096 bytes @ address 0x19002400 - Verify failed
    Downloading 4096 bytes @ address 0x19003400 - Verify failed
    Downloading 4096 bytes @ address 0x19004400 - Verify failed
    [...]

Can you debug in RAM?

According to the memory map, @0x19000000 is flash memory.
    Flash memory cannot be programmed w/o either native support or adding the device manually(by implementing a own flashloader): Adding Support for New Devices.

Debugging in RAM should be possible though.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • HI,
    I added the script file as described in the instruction manual (segger.com/downloads/jlink/UM08001_JLink.pdf), and I named the file as "Default" and it worked but not beyond connecting it.
    There were many other "Verify OK" too, but I don't exactly know what to make of it. Anyway I suspect that the script file may be missing some info to make it work fully.
    Also there is this part of console content that indicated that loading into RAM failed.
    "ERROR: Could not detect CPU clock speed. Verification of test code downloaded into RAM failed."
    I hope that Segger officially adds MAC57D5 in their supported devices list since NXP has increased its collaboration with Segger now. Because I know if I had bought an other emulator other than JLink then it would have worked as many others have reported so.
    Regards
    Asad
  • Hi Asad,

Please allow me to jump in here and to clarify some things:

First, the NXP MAC57D5 is not officially supported by the J-Link software and there are no immediate plans to add official support as there are many other open projects in the pipe.
    To establish a successful target connection to the device, a so called J-Link script file is required.
    As we can see from the provided screenshots, connecting to the target is working just fine when using the script file.

--> Everything is working as expected so far.

Regarding debugging the Free RTOS in flash:
    This is not possible right now as the J-Link software does not come with a flashloader for this device (because it is not supported officially).

What you can do is to add flash programming support on your own using the SEGGER Open Flashloader.
    Further information regarding this can be found here: wiki.segger.com/Adding_Support_for_New_Devices

Best regards
    Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • HI Niklas,
    I am thankful for the support you have been providing so far. I would like to ask for an other favor, could you please contact NXP regarding this matter, since NXP has put Segger JLink under the list of supported JTAG emulators for MAC57D5, which is not true as I have just learned from you. I think it's necessary to inform NXP of hardship that their and your customers go through just because of wrong information so that future customers don't suffer the loss of time and money that we have endured.
    Thanks
    Best Regard
    Asad Ullah
  • That's not entirely correct. J-Link + MAC57D5 is working as expected using the provided J-Link script file. Download into flash is not supported right now but can be added on your own using the Open Flashloader. We will review & verify the J-Link script and add "official" support for the device in one of our next versions. Please note, that this support will include debugging in RAM, only.