[ABANDONED] Flasher ARM with J-Flash V6.14g Unable to program standalone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Flasher ARM with J-Flash V6.14g Unable to program standalone

Hi,
    I have a Flasher ARM and I am programming LPC824 cpart.
    Using the J-Flash software I can program my parts ok.
    When I download the config and data file to the Flasher, I get the flashing red led and the part is not programmed.
    My setup seems correct as I can sucessfully program the part from the PC console.
    I have 4 flash banks which I don't earse or program to retain calibration data in my application (Banks 1-4).
    These have been setup in J-Flash and works ok when using the PC.
    Coud this be causing the issue in standalone mode?
    Regards
    Phil.
  • Hi Phil,

we recently fixed an issue regarding stand-alone mode with version 6.14h of the J-Link software & documentation pack.

Could you please give this version a try?

If this does not fix the issue, some further questions:

Are you using an evaluation board or custom hardware?
    Is this issue reproducible on an evaluation board?
    Is there a difference on how the target is powered between "J-Flash mode" and "stand-alone mode"?
    Are the target boards "factory-fresh" or are they re-programmed?
    Is some kind of watchdog active on the target?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Flasher ARM with J-Flash V6.14g Unable to program standalone

Hi Niklas,
    Ok will try the update.
    The board is a custom board, we are not using the watchdog, the board is externally powered in both cases, I am reprogramming the boards, and flash sectors 1-4 have already been programmed for calibration data and are excluded from erasing/programming.
    Regards
    Phil
  • Hi Phil,

Ok will try the update.

Looking forwards to receiveing the results.
    I could not reproduce any issues with V6.14h and standalone-mode and a LPC812M101 target.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.