[ABANDONED] JScope dead after 6.14d updated.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] JScope dead after 6.14d updated.

I had used Jscope to tune the system for realtime debug (By HSS) for a long time.

Yesterday, I updated the JLINK firmware to version 6.14d. unfortunately, the Jscope cannot work. It always dead after 1-2 seconds. At the same time, the JLINK was disconnected. But if I don't use the Jscope, the jlink was always connected.

My version:
    win7 32bit
    IDE: IAR 8.11
    Jlink: v9 standard, firmware:6.14d
    Jscope: 5.11d

I highly doubted that the firmware had some bugs with Jscope. But I cannot downgrade my jlink.

Please teach me how to do. :(
  • Hello,

are you using Jscope 5.10d?

If the J-Link disconnects, this is very likely an internal problem within the firmware. I just gave it a try with different v9 models and our emPower board, but all of them are working well.

Could you please tell us the serial number of your J-Link?
    Which hardware are you connecting to?
  • SEGGER - Arne wrote:

Hello,

are you using Jscope 5.10d?

If the J-Link disconnects, this is very likely an internal problem within the firmware. I just gave it a try with different v9 models and our emPower board, but all of them are working well.

Could you please tell us the serial number of your J-Link?
    Which hardware are you connecting to?
    My serial number is 59102233.
    I connected to my own hardware with TSB MCU TMPM470(cortex-M4).
    My current experience was that if I output a float data, it was high possible to disconnect the JLINK.
    My current Jscope version was 5.11d.

even I had tried to force the float to integer then output integer, it also disconnect.
    But before I upgraded the JLINK, everything is ok. please teach me how to downgrade.

The post was edited 1 time, last by hawken ().

• Hello,

thanks for the information, we have a TMPM475 evaluation board and will try to reproduce it.

Could you please test, if the disconnect also appears if you use a blank device?
    Is it possible for you to send us the J-Scope project file?

Meanwhile you can try to use our latest beta of J-Scope (v6.11f).

If you want to downgrade the firmware, please have a look at the J-Link user manual UM08001 chapter 17.5.
    Downdating the firmware is not recommended and done on your own risk.

Regards
    Arne
  • Hello,

Thank you for downgrade method. Everything is OK after I downgrade the firmware to 5.10m(Very old, but I have no time to try other).

It did not relate with the Jscope version. It only related with the firmware. During the problem solving period, I had tried 6.14d,6.14f,6.15c. They all had the problem.

I hope you can find the bugs ASAP because I need the new TSB M47X MCU flash support.

Anyway, if you have any question, please contact me freely, I will support you to find the bugs.

the attached is the jscope file.
    Files
    • M470n.zip

(1.18 kB, downloaded 123 times, last: )
  • BTW, during the test period, I had tried:

Different JLINK: SN:59102233, SN:59103035
    Different Laptop environment: win7, win10.
    Jscope Version: 5.10c,5.10d,5.11d,6.11f
    Firmware version: 6.14d,6.14f,6.15c

They all did not work properly.

After downgrade to 5.10m. Every environment was OK.

Please check the firmware! ;)
  • SEGGER - Arne wrote:

Hello,

did you try using a blank target?

This information would be very helpful, since it might have something to do with the application running on the target.

Regards,
    Arne
    I tried the blank target. But there was no display in Jscope. I considered it was because the MCU was halted.

I tried the same on 5.10m firm and 6.14f firm. it was the same. no display in Jscope. I think it means nothing.
  • Hello,

I am using a TMPM475 (should be the same as TMPM470 but with CAN interface) with your J-Scope project and a minimal application (register counter).
    It is currently running for over 20 minutes without any problems and with J-Link DLL/firmware v6.14d, no USB disconnect at all.

Is there anything in your setup, I didn't regard? Do you leave your IDE connected to the MCU?

Could you please check, if it works with a minimal application on your side?

Regards,
    Arne