[ABANDONED] Converting the ST-Link on-board the STM32F746 Discovery to J-Link

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Converting the ST-Link on-board the STM32F746 Discovery to J-Link

I have been trying to convert the on-board ST-LINK/V2-1 for my STM32746 Discovery board to J-LInk using the information provided by Segger and ST. I have installed all the software required to do this on my Windows 8 machine. The ST-LINK is recognised by Windows and is in the Device Manager as expected, but when I run STLinkReflash with option 1, I get the following error:

ERROR: Timeout: ST-LINK/V2-1 did not enter DFU mode

Please can anyone give me any suggestions as what to try next?

Thanks in advance
    Philip
  • Hi Philip,

sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the conversion.
    We have several STM32F746 Discovery boards here where conversion worked without any issues.
    Can you please verify that we talking about the same board by providing the "MB" number of your board?
    The MB number has the format MB-DDDDC where 'D' is a decimal digit and 'C' is a character of the alphabet.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Philip,

we have only MB1191 B-03 boards here.
    Do you know any documentation about the differences between -03 and -04(Schematics?)?
    I could not find any on the ST website, but maybe I overlooked it.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.