SES v3.12, C++, Constructor, Debug: 'Step into' always steps into 'Disassemlby' panel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SES v3.12, C++, Constructor, Debug: 'Step into' always steps into 'Disassemlby' panel

Hi

When I try to 'Step Into' a constructor during debugging the SES does always show the 'Disassembly' panel instead of jumping to the actual c++ code file.
    (This is not a new problem in SES v3.12. In SES v3.10i it is the same.)

My work around is to navigate manually to the constructor and set a break point.

Is there a setting to disable that behaviour?

Regards
    Anton

dev machine: Windows 10 64bit, SES v3.12
    target mcu: NXP(freescale) MKL27Z128... & KM66FN2...
  • Hi,

The compiler probably added some preface (additional instructions) to the constructor without source information.
    If you continue stepping you should end up in the constructor in source and disassembly.

Could you provide the disassembly Embedded STudio steps into, the call of the constructor and the constructor?

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.