FreeRTOS 9.0.0 running with one exception

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• FreeRTOS 9.0.0 running with one exception

Dear all,

I was able to migrate to FreeRTOS 9.0.0. Actually I just followed the patch file and find out where these changes should take place. Interestingly some of the patches seems now to be included in FreeRTOS9.0.0 (mainly in task.c) and therefore the number of lines to changes is less than it was.
    However one thing is not working at the moment. I used the SEGGER_SYSVIEW_WaitForConnection() function that was published here in the forum a while ago with my FreeRTOS8.2.3. If I use that now I get a invalid packet at the beginning of the recording that prevents SystemView from continuing. Anyone an idea what the reason can be for this?

Best Regards
    Markus
  • Dear all,

after a little bit more of testing I feel some sort of 'grounded'. It looks like that every FreeRTOS call that deals with Queues (and therefore also with Semaphores) lead to an invalid packet for SystemView. I haven't got the time and knowledge to debug this. I guess it has to do with the fact that in FreeRTOS 9.0.0 some of the trace marcos are already included that needed to be inserted in 8.2.3.
    My application is too complicate that I can debug it without a task tracing tool. So the question is if I should go back to version 8.2.3. where everything worked fine with SystemView. On the other side the static Task feature of FreeRTOS 9.0.0 would be helpful in my case.
    If there is no statement when the FreeRTOS 9.0 patch for SystemView can be expected I think I will take the effort and go back to FreeRTOS 8.2.3.

Best Regards
    Markus
  • Hi,

What changes did you do to FreeRTOS 9?
    Did you make sure that SEGGER_SYSVIEW_LOCK is configured correctly?
    Invalid packets can in general only occur when recording a packet is interrupted by another packet, i.e. when interrupts are not disabled.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.