[SOLVED] Segmentation fault: 11 exception when connecting/disconnecting gdb multiple times

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Segmentation fault: 11 exception when connecting/disconnecting gdb multiple times

Hi,

I'm getting a segmentation fault with JLinkGDBServer when I connect/disconnect GDB multiple time (~50 times).
    Here is the setup:
    target device: tms570ls3137
    JLinkGDBServer: SEGGER J-Link GDB Server v6.12i Command Line Version (JLinkARM.dll v6.12i)
    host: tried both on Ubuntu 16.04/Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.3

The log file is attached.

I don't know if there is any command needed to flush internal data of JLinkGDBServer before disconnecting and reconnecting? I've checked on google and it seems that a simillar issue already happened in the past ( JLink under Linux dies with Segmentation fault ).

In the log, there is several warnings, such as the "WARNING: Failed to read memory @address 0x14010008" or "WARNING: Failed to read memory @address 0xA4150008" but there is no such address in my code, as both addresses are reserved memory regions, as described in ti.com/lit/ug/spnu499b/spnu499b.pdf section 2.2.1, page 101).

Any help would really be appreciated, I'm out of idea...

Kind Regards and Thanks in advance,

Guillaume

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Monaco; color: #f4f4f4; background-color: #000000; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)}
    span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}
    Files
    • jling_log.txt

(166.99 kB, downloaded 585 times, last: )
  • Hi,

we are currently now aware of such an issue.
    I will try to reproduce this issue and update this thread with the results tomorrow.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

First, Thanks for your reply. Were you able to reproduce the bug? If not, please let me know, and I will do the same test with an identical binary in all tests and share the log file with you.

Kind regards,

Guillaume
  • Hi Guillaume,

I could reproduce it.
    We will provide a fixed version either at the end of this week or beginning of next week.

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Niklas,

I've installed the latest release (j) and still running in same issue... Does this release solve the issue on your side?
    Please let me know if you need more informations.

Best Regards,

Guillaume
  • Hi Guillaume,

unfortunately, the fix is not included in V6.12j. It will be available in V6.12k / V6.13h.

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi again Niklas,

I just tried the latest 6.14 release, which should fix the problem, as described in the release note:
    "GDBServer: Under Linux / macOS, after repeatedly opening and closing a connection to the GDBServer, GDBServer stopped accepting new connections. Fixed."

unfortunately, the problem remains with this release (both Mac OS Sierra / Ubuntu 16.04 64 bits) raising an segmentation fault after ~50 connections/deconnections. Do you have any feedback to provide, so I can get is working?
    if you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,

Guillaume
  • Hi Guillaume,

Sorry for the delay in response.
    This issue is resolved in version 6.14c of the J-Link software & documentation pack.

Could you please provide feedback if it works for you?

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hello Niklas,

Thanks for your reply. I just tested it and everything seems to be working as expected (I've not tested on Ubuntu, but it works on Mac OS X).

Thank you very much for your support!

BR,

Guillaume
  • Hi Guillaume,

thanks for the update and good to hear that you are up and running!

Best regards,
    Niklas