[SOLVED] Segmentation fault: 11 exception when connecting/disconnecting gdb multiple times

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Segmentation fault: 11 exception when connecting/disconnecting gdb multiple times

Hi,

I'm getting a segmentation fault with JLinkGDBServer when I connect/disconnect GDB multiple time (~50 times).
    Here is the setup:
    target device: tms570ls3137
    JLinkGDBServer: SEGGER J-Link GDB Server v6.12i Command Line Version (JLinkARM.dll v6.12i)
    host: tried both on Ubuntu 16.04/Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.3

The log file is attached.

I don't know if there is any command needed to flush internal data of JLinkGDBServer before disconnecting and reconnecting? I've checked on google and it seems that a simillar issue already happened in the past ( JLink under Linux dies with Segmentation fault ).

In the log, there is several warnings, such as the "WARNING: Failed to read memory @address 0x14010008" or "WARNING: Failed to read memory @address 0xA4150008" but there is no such address in my code, as both addresses are reserved memory regions, as described in ti.com/lit/ug/spnu499b/spnu499b.pdf section 2.2.1, page 101).

Any help would really be appreciated, I'm out of idea...

Kind Regards and Thanks in advance,

Guillaume

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Monaco; color: #f4f4f4; background-color: #000000; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)}
    span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}
    Files
    • jling_log.txt

(166.99 kB, downloaded 255 times, last: )
  • Hi,

we are currently now aware of such an issue.
    I will try to reproduce this issue and update this thread with the results tomorrow.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
    Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
    Notification for J-Link, J-Link Debugger, SystemView & J-Scope: Link
    Notification for Embedded Studio: Link
  • Hi Guillaume,

I could reproduce it.
    We will provide a fixed version either at the end of this week or beginning of next week.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Would you like to be added to the J-Link software update notification list, so you get informed automatically when a new version becomes available?
    Just write me a PM or in case you want to subscribe to it yourself, please use this link: Link
  • Hi Guillaume,

unfortunately, the fix is not included in V6.12j. It will be available in V6.12k / V6.13h.

Best regards,
    Niklas
  • Hi again Niklas,

I just tried the latest 6.14 release, which should fix the problem, as described in the release note:
    "GDBServer: Under Linux / macOS, after repeatedly opening and closing a connection to the GDBServer, GDBServer stopped accepting new connections. Fixed."

unfortunately, the problem remains with this release (both Mac OS Sierra / Ubuntu 16.04 64 bits) raising an segmentation fault after ~50 connections/deconnections. Do you have any feedback to provide, so I can get is working?
    if you need anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,

Guillaume
  • Hi Guillaume,

Sorry for the delay in response.
    This issue is resolved in version 6.14c of the J-Link software & documentation pack.

Could you please provide feedback if it works for you?

Best regards,
    Niklas
  • Hi Guillaume,

thanks for the update and good to hear that you are up and running!

Best regards,
    Niklas