[ABANDONED] "Mis-aligned memory read" error when running GDB server with Freertos enabled and using a JLink base debugger

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] "Mis-aligned memory read" error when running GDB server with Freertos enabled and using a JLink base debugger

Hi,

I am using a JLINK base debugger (S/N 50104346) to debug an STM32F756 microcontroller. I am using Eclipse neon.1 with the latest GNU ARM C/C++ J-Link debugging plugin (v 4.1.1). My Eclipse project also incorporates Freertos and the debug configuration includes the option "-rtos GDBServer/RTOSPlugin_FreeRTOS" so that the Freertos threads can be viewed in the stack trace viewer in Eclipse. I am using GDB Server "V6.12 Command Line Version".

With the FreeRTOS debug configuration option enabled, if there is more than one FreeRtos task and they have differing priorities and if I set a break point in one of the tasks, I receive the following error message in the GDB server console output and the GDB server shuts down:

…Breakpoint reached @ address 0x08008F1

WARNING: Mis-aligned memory read: Address: 0x0000000F,
    NumBytes: 4, Alignment: 4 (Word-aligned)

WARNING: Failed to read memory @ address 0xECBC865D

ERROR: Error reading thread name in FreeRTOS task control
    block.

Reading all registers
    ….

Reading all registers

WARNING: Mis-aligned memory read: Address: 0xECBC8629,
    NumBytes: 4, Alignment: 4 (Word-aligned)

ERROR: Error reading stack frame from FreeRTOS task.

Has this error been seen by other users on this forum and is there a solution to it?

Kind regards

Jack
  • Hello Jack,

the GDB server should not shut down, even if anything fails in the RTOS plugin.

Is it possible for you to send us the project for reproduction?

Regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.