[ABANDONED] "Active read protected STM32 device" message with new STM32H743 using J-Trace V6.12f

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] "Active read protected STM32 device" message with new STM32H743 using J-Trace V6.12f

Hello all,
    some time ago I had the same problem with STM32F7 and J_Trace V5.10g. This was solved, see post
    [SOLVED] "Active read protected STM32 device" message after upgrading J-Trace to V5.10g

Now I got the this error again while trying to debug code for the new STM32H743.
    - Marcus

JLink info:
    ------------
    DLL: V6.12f, compiled Jan 13 2017 16:37:50
    Firmware: J-Trace Cortex-M Rev.3 compiled Dec 15 2016 14:46:47
    Hardware: V3.10
    S/N : 203200722
  • Hi Marcus,

thanks for your inquiry. I am little curious why this issue is occurring as we are yet to implement detection of secured STM32H7 devices, therefore as long as the correct device is selected, this dialog should not show up in the current version.
    We plan to release a version that supports detection of secured STM32H7 devices by the end of this week.

I will keep you posted.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Marcus,

in which application do you see the behavior (IDE, J-Link Commander, J-Flash, ...)?
    Most probably, the incorrect device is selected as for the STM32H743 no security detection has been implemented so far.
    Can you please send us a J-Link log file? How to enable it: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File

- Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.