STM DMA2D and font

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi,

Please take a look into the LCDConf.c attached. The LCDConf.c is for a STM32F429. There we set a function for drawing anti aliased characters. Just search for:

GUI_AA_SetpfDrawCharAA4(_LCD_DrawBitmap4bpp);

Depending on the the emWin version you are using, not all functions might be available but the function GUI_AA_SetpfDrawCharAA4() should be available at least in V5.32 of emWin.

Regards,
    Sven
    Files
    • LCDConf.zip

(20.23 kB, downloaded 409 times, last: )
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

If I well understand all the DrawBitmapA4 function in the sample you give to me, I think there is a little mistake :?: ...

When you compute the size before the swapping nibbles conversion :

Source Code

1. NumBytes = ((xSize + 1) & ~1) * ySize;

The computed size, is the size of the character in pixel but the encoding is 2 pixel by U8 :P , so you swap the double of U8. Every thing work because the DMA2D use only the need U8, but you lose time in conversion :rolleyes:

Have a nice day
    Frédéric
  • Hi Frédéric,

thanks for the hint. We will check that.

Regards,
    Sven
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.