[SOLVED/OR] LPC4350 multicore debugging via ethernet with JTrace Pro

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED/OR] LPC4350 multicore debugging via ethernet with JTrace Pro

Hi - I just got my JTrace Pro to replace my JLink Ultra+. My target is an LPC4350, which has an M4 and an M0 core. When connected via usb I'm able to connect and debug both cores simultaneously using Eclipse (GNU ARM Eclipse). When connected via ethernet Eclipse can connect to the M4 (first debug launched) but can't connect to the M0 (2nd debug launched). Is it possible to debug both cores via ethernet? If so, how?
  • Hi,

Unfortunately, this is correct.
    Currently, if you have two connections via USB, the J-Link software on pc-side does IPC/Locking between the two processes which have a connection on the host PC.
    The IP implementation needs to take into account that the two connections may come from two different PCs, therefore IPC/Locking cannot be done by communication one host PC.

The IP implementation needs to be reworked in order to allow multiple connections, even if they come from the same host PC.
    This is on our ToDo, but without a scheduled release date yet.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.