[ABANDONED] Debugger runs slow on AT91SAM7X128.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Debugger runs slow on AT91SAM7X128.

Using:
    Jlink Ultra+
    Jlink SW v612
    IAR Workbench 7.60
    FreeRTOS v9.0.0
    AT91SAM7X128 with PLL Clock selected for 48Mhz.

In IAR Workbench Under Options->Debugger->Jlink/Jtrace->JTAG/SWD speed is set to Auto, Intial 32 Khz.

Running a board with multiple blinking LEDs. With the debugger running the LEDs run much slower. With the debugger NOT running LEDs are blinking at the correct rate. The datasheet for the Jlink Ultra+ says, "Maximum target interface speed 50 MHz".

What am I missing? Missing/Wrong debugger setting?

Thanks,
    Brian
  • Hi Brian,

the Target Interface speed has no influence on the application running on the target.
    With the debugger running the LEDs run much slower. With the debugger NOT running LEDs are blinking at the correct rate.
    Do I understand you correctly that the LEDs run slower if you download the target application is downloaded and run from within IAR EWARM, but return to normal speed once you reset the board?
    When the LED are running with normal speed, what happens when you connect to running target with IAR?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Brian,

If I understand you correctly, a blinky project is sufficient in order to reproduce the issue.
    Would it possible for you to provide us with an IAR project which can be used to reproduce the issue?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.