System View Module not configured

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• System View Module not configured

Just trying to get system view working on a STM32F205.

Have updated the embos from an ancient 2009 release to latest embOS_CortexM_IAR_V6_OBJ_V4261_OS-00732_58B82A34_161118.

OS looks to be running seeing system ticks, trying to start logging, enter in address of RTT control block.
    The I see pop-up....

Failed to start recording.
    J-Link or target not connected.
    Target not running.
    System View module not configured.

Am using system view V2.40a, my IAR version installed is 7.40.2

Be grateful for any hints.

Regards,
    Owain
  • Dear Owain,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The "Systemview module not configured" message usually is issued when SystemView was not initialized on the target side, e.g. through a call to SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf().
    With embOS V4.261 for Cortex-M and IAR, a call to SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf() is included with OS_InitHW() inside the source file RTOSInit.c. Hence, I'd like to ask whether you had updated your RTOSInit.c as well when updating to the most recent embOS version? In case that call was already included with your application, however, could you please check whether you are using the latest version of the JLink software?

Please let me know if the observed issue persists.

Please also be aware that, even though we occassionally participate in forum discussions, we will usually not monitor these forums on a regular basis. Being a registered embOS customer, however, you may of course contact us via email as well, which is our primary channel for customer support.

Best regards,
    Martin
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Martin,

I am still seeing the issue.
    I can run one of your test projects that use system view OK.

In our own project though this is not the case.

I can also see us running through code that initialises this block.
    As per the attachment picture.

Yet all attempt to connect to the target fail.

Regards,
    Owain
  • I now have the situation where System view 2.40a seems to conenct to target and load events.

But it seems to be connecting to some kind of simulated target. "embOS start project (embOS) on ST32F207ZG"
    This is not my target, shows SysTick Scheduler, HP Task, LP Task and Idle.

I have linked to library...

D:\SVN\DSE_MDx\Software\CoCPU\embOS_CortexM_IAR_V6_OBJ_V4261_OS-00732_58B82A34_161118\Start\Lib\os7m_tl__dp.a.

Am I running with some kind of demo version?
    Is the System View lying when it says it is connecting via JTAG?

Regards,
    Owain
  • Hi Owain,

I had contacted you via email while you were providing this additional information. Hence, with your approval, I'd like to suggest to continue this conversation via email. Still, to answer to your recent remarks:

Owain wrote:

But it seems to be connecting to some kind of simulated target. "embOS start project (embOS) on ST32F207ZG"

This information is included in one of the source files contained with one of our start projects. Particularly, this is contained in the source file SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Config_embOS.c for the STM32F207 start project. In case you used that file as a template for your STM32F205 project, this is working as expected, and you may of course change the descriptions according to your actual target hardware.

Owain wrote:

This is not my target, shows SysTick Scheduler, HP Task, LP Task and Idle.

This seems to be one of the sample applications provided with our start projects, e.g. OS_StartLEDBlink.c.

Owain wrote:

Am I running with some kind of demo version?
    Is the System View lying when it says it is connecting via JTAG?

Please be aware there is no "demo version" of embOS for SystemView. While SystemView is in fact shipped with several sample recordings that may be used for evaluation purposes, a live recording of an embOS application will always display actual data that was retrieved from the running target, and will never display any "demo data" instead. According to your description, it seems you are running one of our start projects instead of your own application. Can you confirm this?

Best regards,
    Martin
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.