nRF52 Preview DK J-Link USB driver not found [2nd]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• nRF52 Preview DK J-Link USB driver not found [2nd]

Hi all,

I realize this is an old thread, but I am having the exact same issues described by arees when trying to connect to an nRF52 DK on my Windows 7 Dell Optiplex 990 desktop. His screenshots are what I am seeing. I tried ports in the back as well. I am using version JLink V6.10m.

I tried Souhail's suggestion and it did not work for me. I don't know if it worked for arees or not since there was no response. Interestingly, the file that Souhail suggested to copy to C:\Windows is no longer there after a reboot, and neither is usb.inf. There are two files with names usb.inf_amd64_neutral_xxx in System32/DriverStore/FileRepository. I only copied one - maybe I need to copy both?

I've attached my DPINST.LOG (renamed to DPINST.txt).

This works fine on my laptop (also with Windows 7).

Can someone please help?

David
    Files
    • DPINST.txt

(530.34 kB, downloaded 1,103 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by dwall ().

• More info ...

I right-clicked on the device in Device Manager and did Uninstall. I copied both usb.inf_amd64_neutral_xxx files to C:\Windows. I rebooted my PC and then ran dpinst_x64.exe which seemed to work as shown in attached JLink_Good_Install.png.

When I attached the nrf52, however, I got the result in attachment JLink_Attach_Fail.png.

and Device Manager still shows the problem (attachment DevMgr_JLink_Err.png).

Also, after rebooting, both usb.inf_amd64_neutral_xxx files still existed in C:\Windows.
  • Hi David,

Did you copy the usb.inf in the %systemroot%\inf (eg. C:\Windows\inf) folder or just in %systemroot% folder?
    If not, please ensure that you have copied it in the inf folder of the windows directory.
    After that disconnect and re-connect the J-Link. The J-Link should then enumerate properly.
    As we have stated in the previous thread, this is something that has to do with Windows or any other software.
    As this problem also occurs when no J-Link has ever been used on that computer.

Best regards,

Souhail
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.