Flash security in NXP's MKL17Z128 CortexM0+ based controller

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Flash security in NXP's MKL17Z128 CortexM0+ based controller

This is with reference to following thread : "http://forum.segger.com/index.php?page=Thread&postID=12518&highlight=dhananjay#post12518"

As per the suggestion I tried selecting the CPU with (allow security) option (Freescale MKL17Z128xxx4 (allow security)) in project settings menu. It even worked at that time. But now it seems its not working. Strange! I doubt if I did something wrong earlier.
    Now, When I select the CPU without security the the hex file works after programming. But if I select the CPU with security then the hex file fails to start after successful programming. What could be the reason? After programming if I click on “Start Application” in the J-Flash utility then it gives error (see attachment).

Also the device does not work after power-cycling. Please advice.

The post was edited 3 times, last by dpjoshi07@gmail.com ().

• Hi,

There most be something different in your setup / sequence if the behavior changed.
    Now, When I select the CPU without security the the hex file works after programming. But if I select the CPU with security then the hex file fails to start after successful programming.
    Just to make sure that we got you correct, can you please confirm that in both cases the file has been programmed successfully? Can you please send us the data file? Does the application start after performing a power on reset?

Best regards
    Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.