Ozone, loading a project

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ozone, loading a project

Hello,

first let me say that I'm quite glad with Ozone, to have a working debugger on Linux.

When working with it on an existing project I get the screenshot as attached during debugging (ozone_normal.png).

When I reload the project and flash it into the target then I would expect to also see the same sources displayed, but the code is not displayed at all (ozone_reload.png).

I would expect to see the sources displayed even directly after loading the project. But after flashing the code into the target I would surely expect to see the code.

If I right-click into the code window then I get the normal context menu with "Set Breakpoint", "View Disassembly", ... which does not make sense without source code.

I'm not sure if this behavior is intended, I did not find anything in the documentation. From other debuggers I only know the behavior in a way that the sources are displayed when a project is saved and then loaded again. I think it would at least be a good improvement to Ozone.

I use 2.20j on Linux.

The directory structure (if this matters for reproducing the behavior) of the project is like this:

Source Code

1. dir/
    2. jlink.jdebug
    3. Makefile
    4. src/
    5. main.c
    6. final/
    7. stm32f4.elf

Thanks for any hints,
    Torsten
    Images
    • ozone_normal.png

178.3 kB, 1,288×942, viewed 1,049 times
    • ozone_reload.png

121.92 kB, 1,290×943, viewed 877 times
  • Hi Torsten,

When I reload the project and flash it into the target then I would expect to also see the same sources displayed, but the code is not displayed at all (ozone_reload.png).

Do I understand you correctly, that once you recompile the project, Ozone no longer displays the source files?
    If not, what does "reload the project" mean in this context? Closing and opening the Ozone project?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • That is not 100% correct. Sorry if i was imprecise.

Yes, reloading means saving a project, quitting and loading the project on the next start.

Let me describe my steps:

1. set up a project, do some settings, debug (this gives ozone_normal.png)
    2. then save the project as jlink.jdebug.
    3. quit Ozone
    4. restart Ozone
    5. load jlink.jdebug (this gives ozone_reload.png)
    => the sources are not displayed.

So I think something is either not saved or not updated after loading a *.jdebug project.

Best regards
    Torsten

The post was edited 1 time, last by tmohr ().

• Hi,

It looks like Ozone has not been able to open the elf file after reloading the project.
    Could you provide the Ozone project file (jlink.jdebug) and the complete output of the Console Window after laoding the project and starting the debug session?

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.