SEGGER SystemView with RELAX Kit without OS using Infineon DAVE IDE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SEGGER SystemView with RELAX Kit without OS using Infineon DAVE IDE

SEGGER SystemView with RELAX Kit without OS

Hello
    Did anybody succeed to use SEGGER SystemView with RELAX Kit without OS using Infineon DAVE IDE?
    I configured it according to SEGGER manual, but when I start to record, my application stops in file startup_XMC4500.s:

C Source Code

1. /* ================== START OF VECTOR ROUTINES ============================= */
    2. .align 1
    3. .thumb
    4. /* Reset Handler */
    5. .thumb_func
    6. .globl Reset_Handler
    7. .type Reset_Handler, %function
    8. Reset_Handler:
    9. ldr sp,=__initial_sp
    10. #ifndef __SKIP_SYSTEM_INIT
    11. ldr r0, =SystemInit
    12. blx r0
    13. #endif
    Display All

I used the supplied configuration in file SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Config_NoOS.c. Maybe something should be changed?
  • Hi,

To be able to connect to the XMC4500 J-Link has to do a reset of the device.

Does SystemView work when you let it run after it hit the breakpoint in the reset handler?

To work around this when a debugger (i.e. DAVE) is already attached to the target,
    you can in SystemView configure the device as Cortex-M4 and add the RTT Control Block search address manually.
    Then J-Link should be able to do the second connection to the device without a reset.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

You can check the address of _SEGGER_RTT with your debugger/IDE.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.