[Ozone]How to easily find the corresponding function?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Ozone]How to easily find the corresponding function?

Hello,
    When I get an address in a register, which corresponds to a location inside a function, I'm wondering what is the best method to find in which function it is located?
    Fictional example: I see the Link Register (R14) value is 0x100125633. How can I know to which function it refers to?
    In Functions panel, I can see the address range for each function but it would take to much time to find the matching function...
    Is there another way to do it?
    I'm hope I'm clear enough :)
    Thanks!
  • Hi,

Currently you can go through the functions window and search for the range which covers the register value,
    or you use the disassembly window to go to the address and from there you can go to the source if it is available.

We will also add the possibility to locate the register value in memory, disassembly, and source via the context menu in the registers window in a future version.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Johannes wrote:

We will also add the possibility to locate the register value in memory, disassembly, and source via the context menu in the registers window in a future version.
    I'm already using the existing solutions you propose and so I'm looking forward to having the feature mentioned above in the future, which would greatly ease debug investigations. :)
    Thanks for your answer Johannes!