[SOLVED] JLink v.8.0 has problem with programming W25Q128FVFG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink v.8.0 has problem with programming W25Q128FVFG

Hello,

I have a problem with programming ext. Flash memory. I used S25FL128S (QSPI with SPIFI lib) with LPC1853 as flash for screens and audio files. It work's fine - with Keil Flash Programming Algorithm and with JLink commander (directly).

I tried do the same with Winbond W25Q128FVFG flash memory. According to your compatible list, it is supported by J Link to program directly from command line.
    But it doesn't work (Error: Error while determining flash info (Bank @ 0x14000000), Unspecified error -1).

It seems to be problem with reading Status Register (W25Q128FVFG has 3 R/W Status Register in contrast to S25FL128S - 2 Status Registers).
    But in your website it is listed as full compatibility. Why it doesn't work?
    HW Setup:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/38R9Zw0.jpg[/img]

I tied to program it via SPI (without uC, image below) but i get message - "your JLink is to old to program this memory via SPI" (something like that:) ).
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/JrlclLM.jpg[/img]
    An attempt to write the Flash Programming Algorithm also did not succeed ( I can't program flash via Keil with JLink).

Could you help me? Why it doesnt work?

PS. J-Flash give me :
    - Error while determining flash info (Bank 1 @ 0x14000000)

DCWR

The post was edited 6 times, last by DCWR ().

• Hi,

We got the same request via e-mail and just replied to it.
    We will sort this case out via e-mail channel and post the final results here in the forum.

To keep the rest of the forum members up-to-date:

Regarding LPC1853 + S25FL128S: We are not aware of any issues with this setup. Anyhow, if you provide us with a reproduce, we will have a look at this and if required, implement a fix.
    I tied to program it via SPI (without uC, image below) but i get message - "your JLink is to old to program this memory via SPI" (something like that:) ).
    The J-Link BASE V8 does not support the SPI interface, required for J-Flash SPI.
    A list of which features are supported by which J-Link hardware version can be found here:
    wiki.segger.com/Software_and_H…J-Link_PLUS.2C_J-Link_EDU

We would recommend to make use of the SEGGER Trade-In-Program to get a current model which supports the SPI interface.
    Further information regarding this can be found here: segger.com/trade-in-program.html

Best regards
    Erik
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.