Refactoring control flow from GUI_ExecCreatedDialog(hWin) to GUI_Exec1(): how do I detect exited window?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Refactoring control flow from GUI_ExecCreatedDialog(hWin) to GUI_Exec1(): how do I detect exited window?

Greetings,

Previous I have used the blocking call to GUI_ExecCreatedDialog(hWin) and the GUI_EndDialog(pMsg->hWin, retval) within the FrameWin to come back to the master state machine which controls which screen we are on.

Now I need to run it as a non-blocking call, e.g. GUI_Exec1(), and refactor the detection of the EndDialog() condition.

I have played with the API a bit and I have not come up with anything useful. I thought WM_ForEachDesc() might be a good way to explore the existing windows, though it is not working as expected.

How can I detect by polling or callback the EndDialog() event for a window in the main loop which controls the screen flow?

Or, better yet, how do I explore the open/existing window hierarchy in memory while I debug?

Cheers,
    Joe