Running RTTViewer and RTTLogger Simultaneously

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Running RTTViewer and RTTLogger Simultaneously

Hi there!

I am using two J-Link EDUs on two respective target boards and would like to view the data output while logging it to a file. I have had trouble having the output be logged/viewed simultaneously using RTTViewer and RTTLogger, so 4 different windows (2 Viewer, 2 Logger) in my setup. Is this because the J-Link cannot handle both tasks?

Thanks!
  • Hi,

My first suggestion would be to only use two sessions of the J-Link RTT Viewer (You can specify the J-Link for each session by SN) and let RTT Viewer do the logging (Via the logging menu of RTT Viewer).
    Does this work for you?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas,

Is there a way to specify the channel to log data from RTT Viewer? I have tried it before and although Viewer shows output data on Terminal/Channel 1, the Viewer log only provided a datetime of the beginning/end of the log. However, I have found success on RTT Logger capturing data using Channel 0.

Thanks,
    Manuel
  • Hi Manuel,

the RTT Viewer's "terminal channel" is fixed to RTT channel 0 and it's "data channel" is fixed to RTT channel 1.
    The terminals itself are all virtual terminals sharing RTT channel 0. The terminal is switched using an ANSI command.

You can log both types of channels with the recent version of the RTT viewer.

Best regards,
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.