J-Link and Atmel Studio 7

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link and Atmel Studio 7

I have issues with J-Link debugger/programmer and new Atmel Studio 7.0.

J-Link is well recognized in Windows and I can see the device (Cortex-M0+ Atmel SAMC21J18) on the target board (see Clipboard01.png image attached).

The problem is in Atmel Studio 7. The IDE can't detect the J-Link tool. During J-Link software installation (v6.00e) I confirmed to copy the dll to Atmel Studio 7 folder. I check in C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\atbackend and the correct JLinkArm.dll is present.

I rebooted the PC, disconnected/reconnected J-Link without success.

One more thing: I have Atmel Studio 6.2 installed in the same host PC too. J-Link is correctly recognized by Atmel Studio 6.2.
    Images
    • Clipboard01.png

13.45 kB, 659×418, viewed 1,364 times
  • Hi,

was the setup with Atmel Studio 7 working at some point in time and broken by an update, or did it not work at all?
    As far as I know, J-Link works with Atmel Studio 7, but maybe an update broke the compatibility.

The problem is in Atmel Studio 7.

Did you approach Atmel regarding this issue?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • "Did you approach Atmel regarding this issue?"

Lastly Atmel support on website is suspended... maybe Microchip knows something

I'm trying to uninstall/reinstall Atmel Studio 7 entirely. In the past, I never tried to use J-Link with AS7 (only AS6.2), so I don't know if something happened recently.

Anyway I remember JTAGICE3 (another tool from Atmel) did work with AS7, but now it doesn't work anymore too.

The list of available tools in AS7 is always completely empty.