[ABANDONED] J-Link Debugger suddenly stopped working

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Link Debugger suddenly stopped working

Hello members,

I have been working with J-Link Debugger since some time and just recently it stopped working. I am using Atmel Studio 7 and have updated the J-Link software to v6 from Segger website but still the problem persists. The debugger is only able to detect the device voltage but when it tries to detect the device ID, it fails to do so and displays "Unable to enter programming mode". I have attached the screenshot as well. I would appreciate if someone could help me in this regard.

Thank you.

Best regards.
    Images
    • J-Link Error.jpg

130.98 kB, 1,152×648, viewed 581 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Osyed ().

• Hi,

could you please give J-Link Commander a try?
    J-Link commander is part of the J-Link software package, which is available free of charge here .

• Start J-Link Commander (jlink.exe)
    • Type "connect" in order to start a debug session
    • Type in the target device name if asked (Or type "?" for a target selection Dialog)
    • Choose the correct target interface (JTAG/SWD/etc..)
    • Use a valid speed (Default: 4000kHz, try 100-500 if default does not work)
    • [JTAG only]JTAG conf can be default(most of the times)
    • You should now be successfully connected.
    • You can download an application binary by using the command "loadfile"
    If anything fails, could you post a screenshot of the complete session?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas,

Thank you for your response. I have followed the instructions but still the debugger fails to connect to the device. I have attached the screenshot of the complete session.

Best regards.
    Images
    • J-Link Commander.jpg

93.02 kB, 869×609, viewed 414 times
  • Hi,

I just gave it a try and connecting to a ATSAM3X target using a J-Link V9 works for me:

Since it worked for you too up until recently, could you please check that the target device and the connection to the target is OK?
    Maybe you changed a jumper setting or sth. similar?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.