[ABANDONED] .bin file working with jflash, doesn't work when converted to a .dat file by jflash and loaded in the portable flasher

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] .bin file working with jflash, doesn't work when converted to a .dat file by jflash and loaded in the portable flasher

Hi all,

I'm using the flasher portable and JFlash with Kinetis Design Studio and K20 from ex-freescale.
    When I want to load a file in the flasher portable, I compile my code using IAR compiler in KDS, then load the .bin in JFlash and convert it to data file .dat to load it into the flasher.
    If I flash directly from JFlash (using the .bin file), it works fine all the time.
    But some files, once converted to .dat by JFlash and loaded into the flasher, can not be flashed into the microcontroller.
    I'm using the same configuration file for all my .dat files, some of them can be flashed, some not...
    I tried to modify the file name thinking some special characters / symbols might not be supported but no change.

any ideas?

cheers,
    Yves

The post was edited 2 times, last by YvesB ().

• Hi Yves,

we are currently not aware of any problems regarding J-Flash and .bin / .dat file processing.
    Would it be possible for you to provide us with files that can be used for reproduction purposes?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.