SystemView: Error message Target DLL

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SystemView: Error message Target DLL

Hello,
    I want to use SystemView in my application and I am getting an error msg: J-Link ARM Error Target DLL.
    I have an STM32F4-Discovery - I upgraded the ST-Link of the board to J-Link and when I start SystemView I go to Target -> Start Recording I get the error massage J-Link ARM Error Target DLL (screenshot capture.png). When I click OK I get capture2.png screen where I am supposed to select target device but I can't find Cortex-M4 - There is only Cortex-M3.
    After that I still get Target DLL error msg and after a while I get the message (screeshot Capture3.png):
    Failed to start recording. Possible reasons:
    - J-Link or target not connected
    - Target not running
    - SYSTEMVIEW module not configured
    I an sure that my board is connect and running - I can start debugger from Segger IDE.
    One possible pb is "SYSTEMVIEW module not configured" : How can I check that?
    Any hint that could help?
    Regards,
    Images
    • Capture.PNG

6.46 kB, 176×170, viewed 1,010 times
    • Capture2.PNG

28.96 kB, 310×389, viewed 863 times
    • Capture3.PNG

10.56 kB, 292×174, viewed 698 times
  • Hello,

Could you please make sure that you installed the latest version of the J-Link software?

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.