[ABANDONED] Errors using Flasher ARM

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Errors using Flasher ARM

Hi
    I am using a 2 Flasher ARM to program chips EFR32MG y EFR32BG. Every board have one of these targets (MG y BG). I´m using SWD with a Cortex 10-pin connector. I start programming one by one and i have not problems, but when I tried to do simultaneously it starts to appear some errors. After that errors I tried with different connections like use pull-up and pull-down in CLK and TMS pins (Pins 2,4) also in nReset Pin (10) but the errors still shows up.
    I use J-Flash to program the targets and this is the errors it shows.

First error:

- Initialized successfully
    - Target interface speed: 4000 kHz (Fixed)
    - Connected successfully
    Reading entire flash chip ...
    - 130 sectors, 3 ranges, 0x0 - 0x3FFFF, 0xFE00000 - 0xFE007FF, 0xFE04000 - 0xFE047FF
    - ERROR: PC of target system has unexpected value after checking target RAM. (PC = 0x1006E988 )!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Registers -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PC = 1006E988
    Current:R0 = 000000C3,R1 = 00000000,R2 = 00000004,R3 = 100A895F
    R4 = 000000AE,R5 = 00000004,R6 = 04DE632C,R7 = 000000C3
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- ERROR: Failed to read back target memory
    Disconnecting ...
    - Disconnected

Second Error:

Connected successfully
    Programming target (125461 bytes, 1 range) ...
    - ERROR: RAM check failed @ address 0x20000000.
    - ERROR: Write: 0x03020100 07060504
    - ERROR: Read: 0xAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA
    - ERROR: (0 bytes of RAM have been checked successfully)
    - ERROR: Failed to program target
    Disconnecting ...
    - Disconnected
    ------------

Anyone can help me?
    Thanks!! :thumbsup:

The post was edited 2 times, last by daniellv7 ().

• Hi Daniel,

I start programming one by one and i have not problems, but when I tried to do simultaneously it starts to appear some errors.

Could you please explain your setup?
    1) Flasher are used in PC-Mode, correct?
    2) How are the Flashers connected to the PC?
    3) Which version of J-Flash do you use?
    Every board have one of these targets (MG y BG).

So you have multiple boards, each one with one chip or each one with 2 chips? Is this an evalboard or custom hardware? If it is publicly available, could you post a link to it?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Could you please explain your setup?
    1) Flasher are used in PC-Mode, correct?
    2) How are the Flashers connected to the PC?
    3) Which version of J-Flash do you use?
    1) Yes, I use it in PC-Mode.
    2) I connected by USB
    3) V5.12d

Maybe it could help if i explain the setup I use on J-Flash:I Use SWD at 4000kHz and select the device EFR32MG1PxxxF256/EFR32BG1PxxxF256 on the library devices.

So you have a lot of board, each one with one chip or each one with 2 chips?
    Yes, every board have 2 chips so I need to program both at the same time.
    Here´s the info about every one.

MG: http://www.silabs.com/products/wireless/mesh-networking/efr32-mighty-gecko/pages/efr32mg1p233f256gm48.aspx
    BG: http://www.silabs.com/products/wireless/bluetooth/efr32-blue-gecko/pages/efr32bg1p232f256gm48.aspx

Thanks! :D
  • Hi,

Thanks for providing this information.
    Do I understand you correctly, that there are 2 devices on a board, that share one debug unit? If this is the case, this can not work. You would need to program these 2 devices in sequence, not in parallel. Using multiple Flashers do not help in this case.
    Could you provide a link to the board (not the devices), so I can verify my assumption?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.