SystemViewer not decoding events when launched by double-clicking

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SystemViewer not decoding events when launched by double-clicking

SystemViewer (OSX again) doesn't decode events when you start it by double-clicking, the usual way you start things, from the Applications directory or the launchpad. You get events which look like this ..

#115 01 01 00

The OS is being correctly identified as O=FreeRTOS and the description file is in the right place

/Applications/SystemViewer.app/Contents/MacOS/description/SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.txt

which is right alongside the application

/Applications/SystemViewer.app/Contents/MacOS/SystemViewer

If you actually go to that directory and run SystemViewer from a command prompt

./SystemViewer

it works correctly. So I suspect that running it the usual way with a double-click sets the current working directory to the package or your home directory or no directory at all and I suspect too that systemviewer uses whatever the current working directory is to hunt for the description subdirectory, so it doesn't find it.

You can work around it by command-line launching, but it would be nice to have that fixed.

This is v2.35a.

EDIT: actually I can answer the question about what directory CWD is set to on a standard double-click launch, it's '/', yes the root directory. That definitely won't contain any description. So searching relative to current working directory isn't going to work very well.

The post was edited 1 time, last by rols ().

• Hi,

Thank you for the report and the analysis.

We will check and make sure the description files can be loaded in any case.

Regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.