emWin FontConverter data format of generated c-file

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• emWin FontConverter data format of generated c-file

Hi,

we use the emwin fontconverter (V3.10d) as a standalone tool to convert fonts :-).

Our problem is to interpret the data contained in the 'CharInfo' -table
    The (proportional) font is converted as 4bpp antialiased (using internal)

Example:

Source Code

1. GUI_CONST_STORAGE GUI_CHARINFO GUI_FontArial33_CharInfo[192] = {
    2. { 9, 9, 5, acGUI_FontArial33_0020 } /* code 0020 */
    3. ,{ 8, 8, 4, acGUI_FontArial33_0021 } /* code 0021 */
    4. ,{ 11, 11, 6, acGUI_FontArial33_0022 } /* code 0022 */
    5. ,{ 17, 17, 9, acGUI_FontArial33_0023 } /* code 0023 */
    6. ,{ 17, 17, 9, acGUI_FontArial33_0024 } /* code 0024 */
    7. ...

--> What is the meaning of the leading 3 numbers ?

--> Does the table contain information about the 'proportionality' of the font like spacing, leading/trailing (unused) pixel colums ?
  • we use the emwin fontconverter (V3.10d) as a standalone tool to convert fonts :-).

I am not sure about how you use the emWin fontconverter. Do you use emWin itself to display your text on the lcd?
    In the case you use emWin why do you need this information? Could you please give some more details?
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I am not sure about how you use the emWin fontconverter. Do you use emWin itself to display your text on

emWin itself is not used in the project. The Character-Info ist put together 'manually' by self written code to display texts that are input online via a bus-interface. Using emwin was/is not an Option for this project.

We have a Software that works in general, but we have additional requirements regarding graphical Text representation on the sccreen. For that reason we need to understand exactly what the generated fontdata mean.

--> What is the meaning of the leading 3 numbers ?
    (e.g. character width in Pixels / charcter width in Pixels ?two times? / character width in Bytes)
  • Hello Fux,

could you please send us an email to support@segger.com (please attach my name in the subject) and include your registration number?. Then I can give you direct support.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.