Windows file extension associations - clicking A.jflash file to launch J-FlashARM with same project

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Windows file extension associations - clicking A.jflash file to launch J-FlashARM with same project

Hi Segger support,

I have registered extension .jflash to open J-FlashARM. i.e. I have associated the extension with the application.

Now I would like to be able to:

1. Click on my project file 'A.jflash' and then J-FlashARM loads and A.jflash is the active project within the loaded J-FlashARM.

2. I then close J-FlashARM

3. Click on 'B.jflash' and the same happens except B.jflash is the active project.

Is this possible?

Regards

Andy
  • Hello Andy,

this should be no problem.

J-Flash remembers the last state it was before closing it.

Example, you have the following files:
    data.bin
    a.jflash
    b.jflash

Opening J-Flash with a.jflash
    Opening data.bin while J-Flash is still open
    Closing J-Flash
    Opening J-Flash with b.jflash

J-Flash will open b.jflash + data.bin

Best regards,
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I followed your instructions and it still doesn't work. Maybe my problem is with Windows XP and not J-Flash?

As per your instructions this is what I did:

My Documents>Tools>Folder Options>File Types>

.HEX>Advanced>Edit>Open>JFlashARM.exe %1 (V402a)

.jflash>Advanced>Edit>Open>JFlashARM.exe %1 (V402a)

Open J-Flash with a.jflash - Opens but not with a.jflash (opens with the previous one opened via the file menu)

Open data.hex while J-Flash is still open - Opens another window (we use .hex -same difference)

Subsequently opening .flash or .hex just opens another window and never updates a current J-Flash in memory.

I think this must be XP related?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Regards

Andy
  • Hi Alex,

The problem was with Windows.

For some reason the quotes had been removed from around the %1, i.e. should be "%1"

The %1 is detailed within my previous reply, by the way.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Regards

Andy