SystemView system description string

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SystemView system description string

Hi,
    I am currently evaluating SystemView for FreeRTOS. Up to now I got everything up and running. By chance I noticed, that SystemView is updating system description defined in _cbSendSystemDesc(void) approximately every 5s. I am wondering if this periodic update is required?
    I checked this behavior by adding the following "debug" code to _cbSendSystemDesc(void):
    static void _cbSendSystemDesc(void) {
    GPIOB_PDOR ^= GPIO_PIN(17)

//
    // SysView application and device description
    //
    SEGGER_SYSVIEW_SendSysDesc("N="SYSVIEW_APP_NAME"");
    SEGGER_SYSVIEW_SendSysDesc("O=FreeRTOS");
    SEGGER_SYSVIEW_SendSysDesc("D="SYSVIEW_DEVICE_NAME"");
    SEGGER_SYSVIEW_SendSysDesc("C="SYSVIEW_CORE_NAME"");
    //
    // SysView interrupt description.
    //
    SEGGER_SYSVIEW_SendSysDesc("I#15=SysTick");
    }

Regards, Philipp
  • Hi Philipp,

Yes, this periodic update is required to be able to properly analyze recordings which do not start at the beginning.
    We might make the update period configurable in a future version of SystemViewer.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Johannes,
    thanks for the fast reply. Since this periodic update is required, the function calls in _cbSendSystemDesc(void)should be minimized to ensure real time requirements are met.
    Best regards,
    Philipp
  • Hi Philipp,

The config file is subject to user's changes,
    so feel free to modify it to merge the SEGGER_SYSVIEW_SendSysDesc() calls.
    Make sure that the string length per call does not exceed 128 characters.

Regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.