How to start Trace Capture in SES ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to start Trace Capture in SES ?

Hello,

I'm having a J-Trace on my desk and want so see it's potential.

I have no idea how to configure SES to make it record a Instruction Trace or output coverage information.

Could you point me to a comprehensive tutorial how i could use my J-Trace unit to actually record a trace session?

Best regards Peter

• Hi Peter,

The basic setup in Embedded Studio is in the project properties -> Target Trace Options:
    Set Trace Initialize Script to the EnableTrace function of your target script file (i.e. EnableTrace("$(TraceInterfaceType)"))
    And set the Trace Interface Type to Trace Port or ETB.

Depending on the device, the trace port might have to be configured.
    This can be done in the target script file in the function specified above.
    The target script file is a JavaScript, which allows target operations like reading and writing memory.
    (Refer to studio.segger.com/arm_target_script_TargetInterface.htm)

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

No special configuration is required for the STM32F4.
    Simply set "Debugger -> Target Trace Options -> Trace Interface Type" in the Project Properties to "ETB",
    connect your J-Trace, start the debug session and open the Execution Trace window.

Regards
    Johannes

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

No, sorry. The STM32F4 only has ETM.