Using J-Trace with Embedded Studio to debug code developed in Creator IDE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Using J-Trace with Embedded Studio to debug code developed in Creator IDE

I am developing an app in the Cypress Creator IDE and I want to use J-Trace to debug it. I am using GCC to build it and the output from Creator is an Elf map file and ".o" object files. I can't seem to figure out if it is possible to use Embedded Studio to load the app to do debug and trace. I tried a few different Open's of the files but never end up with anything that is debug-able. Is this possible to do?
      Edit: In a related question, if the above is indeed possible then is the Segger website correct that Embedded Studio can use the Trace capability of a J-Trace?

The post was edited 1 time, last by tmostad ().

• J-Link Debugger

At first glance it looks like the J-Link Debugger might do the job. Cypress Creator's outputted ELF from my application loaded just fine and I am able to do debug. I need to understand how to use the trace capability better and I will play with it until I come up with some informed questions.
      It wasn't included as part of the J-Trace for Cortex-M as it appears to be for some of your other probes. I can't find a place on your site to purchase it. Is it for sale as an add-on to my J-Trace?