TI DM355 with JLink

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TI DM355 with JLink

Hi,

I am trying to use the JLink Emulator to download code and talk to the DM355 EVM board from TI. Currently I have it so that it is recognizing the ARM 9 microcontroller, but it can not pick up the NAND Flash which is a Micron part (MT29F16G08DAA). This TI DM355 which is essentially a ARM 9 will be running MontaVista Linux on it, has anyone used the JLink to connect to this? What steps are required to download MontaVista Linux onto the chip?

Thanks in advance
  • Hello npatel,

Are you trying to download you application via J-Flash?
    If yes: J-Flash currently supports NOR flashes only.

If no: A bit more information what you are working with, would be useful (IDE, project, etc.)

Best regards,
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Well currently I have a ubl and uboot image which are provided by Spectrum Digital they are both (*.bin files). I need some way to send it to the Texas Instruments DM355 which is essentially an ARM9. The flash chip that is on the board is a micron part number and is 29F16G08DAA. which from what I have seen through the J-Flash ARM is not supported. I need a way to program the ARM9 and the NAND Flash through JLink. The DM355 EVM board does have a standard 20 pin JTAG connector.

I have attached the datasheet to the chip and also to the DM355 EVM board that I am using

focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/tms320dm355.html

c6000.spectrumdigital.com/evmdm355/revd/