[SOLVED] SystemView on Linux

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SystemView on Linux

Hi,

I wanted to test SystemView (with freeRTOS) on Linux. I tried to get the "SystemView for Linux, DEB Installer 64-bit version" and "SystemView for Linux, TGZ archive 64-bit version". But both seem not to work on my system. I can start the SystemView executable without any problems, but when I press the record button the programs exists with the following message:

Could not open library: libjlinkarm.so.5 (Resource temporarily unavailable). Exiting now.

I also tried the 32-bit version with lib32 packages. Now, a configuration windows appears when I press record. I used the following settings: Connection to J-Link:USB; Target Device:MK64FN1M0VLL12; Target Interface and speed; JTAG 2000kHz; RTT Control Block Detection: Address 0x1fff0c44

Since Autodetection and Search Range didn't work I figured that using the correct address might do the trick - but it didn't help. Once I hit "OK" I get the message "Failed to start recording. Could not connect." I made sure that the target was connected and running and thatSEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf() that was called at the start of the application.

Do you guys have an idea what the problem might be? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    kai
  • Thanks for your reply. I changed the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the location of libjlinkarm.so.5. But I still get the same error:
    "Could not open library: libjlinkarm.so.5 (Resource temporarily unavailable). Exiting now."
    I also checked with

C Source Code

1. echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    if the path were changed to the location of libjlinkarm (which it was). I wonder why I don't get the error with the 32-bit version of SystemView... But with the 32-bit version I wasn't able to connect to the target as I mentioned before. I'm not really sure why this is happening.

Many thanks!
  • Hi,

Please make sure you have either the 64-bit or the 32-bit version of SystemViewer and the J-Link software installed.

To make sure you can connect to J-Link and target run JLinkExe.

Best regards
    Johannes
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.