Stack pointer for CSTACK outside the stack range

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stack pointer for CSTACK outside the stack range

Application:

• embOS v 3.60a1
    • IAR EW 5.11.0.50622
    • ARM 966E-S
    • Start_STR912.eww

I get this message during debugg in Debug Log window and application behave very strange (e.g. OS_Error with big error numbers). I tryed to change size of CSTACK but this difference(CSTACK poniter >> CSTACK stack range in memory ) ist too big and it doesn't help. What I have to do ? Where is error made ?
  • Hello,

you can ignore this error message. Please deactivate the IAR stack check plugin, Menu -> Project -> Options -> Debugger -> Plugins - Stack.

The IAR stack check plugin works not correctly with embOS, the stack check plugin only checks the CSTACK und IRQSTACK but embOS tasks running
    on their own stack.

The CStack size will not cause your problem, please ensure whether your task stacks are big enough. You can also try to step with single steps after
    OS_Error() to see where the issue occurred.

Regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.