Linking on Mac OS X against libjlinkarm.dylib not working properly

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Linking on Mac OS X against libjlinkarm.dylib not working properly

Hello,

when linking a program to use the libjlinkarm.dylib on Mac OS X, I found the following error. The path in the dylib is not correct:

otool -L /Applications/SEGGER/JLink/libjlinkarm.5.10.7.dylib
    /Applications/SEGGER/JLink/libjlinkarm.5.10.7.dylib:
    Output/Release/x86_64/libjlinkarm.5.10.7.dylib (compatibility version 5.10.7, current version 5.10.7)
    /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1213.0.0)
    /usr/lib/libedit.3.dylib (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 3.0.0)
    /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation (compatibility version 150.0.0, current version 1153.18.0)
    /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 275.0.0)
    /usr/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 283.0.0)

For some reason the path in the dylib has the beginning "Output/Release/X86_64" ...... This is not correct, it should point to the directory where the lib is installed into.

I manually changed it with :
    sudo install_name_tool -id /Applications/SEGGER/JLink/libjlinkarm.5.10.7.dylib libjlinkarm.5.10.7.dylib

but I'd rather prefer Segger to release the library with the path correctly set ................. ;)

With best regards,

Ewout Boks