JLinkRTTClient as stand-alone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JLinkRTTClient as stand-alone

I'd like to run the JLinkRTTClient executable as part of a production test. I want to avoid starting a GDB server and client just to get the logging output.

I see from the documentation that the viewer tool has the ability to run standalone. I can't see any options for the JLinkRTTClient though, and running it with --help or -help or -h doesn't help.

Can this be done?
  • Hi,

JLinkRTTClient cannot run standalone, but needs an open instance to the target.
    I want to avoid starting a GDB server and client just to get the logging output.

Any connection will do, e.g starting J-Link Commander (jlink.exe / JLinkEXE).

As an alternative, JLinkRTTViewer can be used standalone.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Is there any way that JLink can reconnect to a target? For example, if I remove and reattach the debug probe? Currently I have to cycle the JLinkRTTViewer program each time my target power cycles. Using the 'Existing Session' option doesn't fix the issue either because then that program doesn't reconnect either.