embos V4.12 with Atmel ATSAMV71 Eva board

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• embos V4.12 with Atmel ATSAMV71 Eva board

Hi everyone,

First of all basic information about CPU,etc:

1. Which embOS do you use?

V4.12

2. Which CPU and eval board do you use?

CPU: ATSAMV71Q21
    Board: Atmel SAM V7 Xplained Ultra Evaluation Kit

3. Which start project do you use?

Package:
    embOS_CortexM_IAR_V6_Trial_V412a.zip
    Start project: Start_SAMV71.eww

4. What compiler do you use ?
    IAR Embedded Workbench ARM V7.30.1

When I compile the project I get the following message:

Error[Li005]: no definition for "OS_InitKern_STD" [referenced from C:\Projekte\Oil_Gas\Software\Test\Output\Debug\Obj\Start_LEDBlink.o]

Hope you can help ....

Regards
    Stephan

• Hi Stephan,

I just did a quick check with IAR EWARM V7.30.4 (I don't have V7.30.1 installed) and it builds w/o any warnings or errors.
    The project was built for the IAR ARM Compiler 7.30.4.

The linker error message occurs because we rename some functions like OS_InitKern() in order to avoid that an embOS Cortex-M library with FPU support is being used in a project without FPU support.
    Your linker searches for "OS_InitKern_STD" which is part of the non FPU library but the start project contains the embOS Cortex-M library with FPU support (os7m_tlv_dp.a).

This could happen when not the correct core/device is selected in the project options.
    Could you please check if the correct core/device and FPU settings are still selected in the project options?
    You could also use IAR EWARM V7.30.4, of course.

Best regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.