[ABANDONED] J-LINK - Error writing to address - 0xFBEC

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-LINK - Error writing to address - 0xFBEC

Hi,

I am using J-LINK with ARM IDE.
    I try to load my code to memory.
    All the code is loaded correctly except for address - 0xFBEC. This address always return the same value - 0x62695ff3
    When using U-LINK, all the memory is written correctly including this address.

Please advice a proper solution.

Regards,
    Anna.
  • Hello Anna,

which device are you trying to flash?
    Which tool do you use? J-Link Commander?
    If you use J-Link Commander, could you provide us with the log output of J-Link Commander?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Niklas,

When using the J-LINK commander to load our data, it works. We use the command: loadbin filename.hex, 0x0 and all the memory is loaded correctly.
    The problem occurs when we use ARM IDE - KEIL uVision V5.12.00.
    In KEIL we use the command LOAD filename.hex and as written before the data is loaded correctly but, when we press the RST button the data in address 0x20FBEC changes.

Please let me know if you need more information in order to help.

Thanks in advance,
    Anna.
  • Hi Anna,

Please let me know if you need more information in order to help.
    As i mention in my previous post,
    • Target device
    • Output of J-Link Commander

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Niklas,

The target device is: ARM Cortex M0
    J-Link commander output: I don't know how to enable the J-Link commander log file from within Keil. Can you please advice?
    As I said the problem occurs only when using Keill and pressing the RST button (see attached). When using J-Link commander RESET the problem doesn't occur.

Regards,
    Anna.
    Images
    • IDE-Integr-Keil-Driver-Debug-Session.gif

140.99 kB, 799×687, viewed 558 times
  • Hi Anna,

log output can be enabled like as follows:
    • Open a connection to J-Link, e.g start J-Link Commander
    • (Click the J-Link symbol located in the notification / tray area in order to open J-Link Control panel)
    • Open the tab "Settings"
    • Next to the field "Log file" check "Override" and click "..." in order to choose a log file path.
    This is also described in UM8001 Chapter 5 "Working with J-Link and J-Trace", Section 5.7 "J-Link control panel".
    The target device is: ARM Cortex M0

I would refer to Cortex M0 as the target core.
    For example in the IDE integration guide (segger.com/IDE_Integration_Keil.html), Cortex M3 would be the target core, and STM32F207IG would be the target device.

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi Niklas,

I have succeeded to get the log file from Keil. Thanks for you guidance.
    The log file is attached. You can see that during reset there is read and write to address 0xFFE0. I guess this is the cause to the problem. Can you please find out why this address is being written? This address is part of our ROM.

BTW our target device is ARMCM0.

Thanks,
    Anna.
    Files
  • Hi Anna,

the logfile seems incomplete to me.
    Could you provide us with an complete logfile?

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi Anna,

unfortunately, i do not see an angle how i can help you.
    Its have been five post so far - I do not even know the device name yet.
    Of cause there can be good reason that you do not want to or cannot tell me more.

But from the information I currently have, I can only say:
    Well, it works with J-Link Commander. Thus my guess is that Keil is doing sth. weird.

So please understand that without having these information, there is not much I can do right now to help you investigating this issue further.

Best regards,

Niklas

• Hi Niklas,

I don't understand what you are missing in order to help.
    The device name as written in the previous post is ARMCM0.

I don't think that the problem is with ARM. As I wrote, the problem doesn't occur when using ULINK.

Can you please help me to understand why only when using J-LINK, during reset there is read and write to address 0x0000FFE0?
    From the log file line number 2: "T125C 044:852 JLINK_Reset() -- CPU_ReadMem(4 bytes @ 0x0000FFE0) -- CPU_WriteMem(4 bytes @ 0x0000FFE0) "

Reagards,
    Anna.
  • Hi Anna,

as i mentioned before: ARM Cortex M0 (ARMCM0) is the target core, not the target device name.
    I don't think that the problem is with ARM. As I wrote, the problem doesn't occur when using ULINK.

And the problem does also not occur with J-Link Commander. So my guess is that it is caused by Keil or the project configuration.

Best regards,
    Niklas

• Hi Anna,

sorry for the delay in response.
    As described before: Without having all needed information, there is not much we can do. However if you have a working setup (J-Link Commander) and a non-working setup (Keil uVision IDE), you can easily compare both J-Link log files and check for any differences.
    Please note that we do not have any influence on the J-link API functions which are called by the IDE. What we can do is to get in touch with Keil so they may "fix" things if required.

Can we configure the way JLINK_RESET() behaves?

The reset type can be set using the command string "SetResetType ="

UM8001
    - 5.11.1.12 SetResetType
    -5.8 Reset strategies

Best regards,
    Niklas